We’ve all heard of the top dating websites like match.com, eharmony.com, Christian mingle.com, and zoosk.com whether it be from personal experience or just those perfectly happy “la la land” commercials on TV. So are dating websites more likely to lead you down the road of Instant cyber love or deceit and heartache?
Instant Cyber Love
One day a single man or women is sitting at home wondering what’s the purpose for their life when on comes a commercial for one of the top dating websites. Intrigued by the chance of ever lasting perfectly matched love, a couple clicks of the mouse, a few basic questions, and a picture upload and there on their way. Browsing through hundreds of profiles of people out there in the cyber world just waiting and hoping for the same outcome, instant cyber love.
But what are the chances that a person can find their true love, that one person that there heart is meant for online with a dating site?
Reports show that around 90% of people who put in a significant amount of time interacting on the dating sites before actually meeting tend to stay in touch some way shape or form for long periods of time than someone who rushes into actual face to face contact. Reports also show that only around 17% of people who have met on these top online dating sites have actually gotten married. So what’s the best way to get that instant cyber love that so many people speak about?
• Join a reputable site
• Join a site that has matching abilities (match.com or eharmony.com)
• Post a picture- a current truthful picture of yourself.
• Be honest about who you are and what you want in life
• Be realistic and have an open mind
• Take time to get to know someone and become comfortable with them
Deceit and Heartache
Oh yes there is another side to this fairytale or “happily ever after”. There is a very high chance that someone is lying to you on the other end of the computer screen. People on online dating websites tend to about their age, weight, height, job, and family. Some things to look out for and know to avoid deceit and possible heartbreak are:
• People asking you to join other sites
• People asking you for personal information quickly
• Someone who is “in love” very quick
• Understand that YOU are not the only person they are communicating with
• Also check your profile for minor deceits- such as I weigh 110 when it’s more like 145.
• Understand that being online gives confidence, generally a person who is confident online lacks that same confidence in person.
• If they sound too good to be true they probably are.
Most important thing to remember when it comes to online dating websites is to be safe. Trust your instincts and know that the person you are talking to may not be as they seem. Overall as long as you’re using a reputable top online site they have filters for certain things but there are always ways around those filters. These websites have given many people hope and happiness but have also hurt other people so just be aware of your surroundings and never meet anyone in a secluded place.
Top 5 Online Dating Websites
Author Bio: Andrew Porter has been writing useful and informative articles on top dating sites for over many years now.