Is a guy chasing you even after you stated your intentions clearly? Sometimes it may be a friend, a colleague or just some strange guy you met at a party. But getting the message of ‘No’ across to him is a painful task.
Here are some tips to stop unwanted advances from a guy:
- Stop the flirting games: If you don’t like the guy or see no possibility of a future romance, the first thing to do is to stop reciprocating any flirting games with him. The longer you will entertain his flirting; tougher it will become to get him off your back. If you don’t, he may be misled to think that you are just playing hard to get.
- Don’t lead him on: If you respond to his flirting now and then when you are bored, you are going to send him the wrong signal that you are interested in him.
- Be affirmative: Don’t feel pressured to be the sweet, kind girl who cannot say no. Affirm your stand that you are not interested if the guy pesters you for a date.
- Express your displeasure: Tell him in no small words that you don’t like his flirting. Cut his compliments at mid-sentence rather than smiling approvingly. Say boldly that you find his advances annoying and unattractive.
- Discuss your boyfriend: Keep talking about your boyfriend-real or fictional so that he gets the message that you are already taken. Each time he tries to flirt with you, get talking about your boyfriend or some other guy you have a crush on.
- Offer friendship: Make it clear that you want to remain friends with him and are not interested in taking it any further. Tell him not to ruin your friendship by his flirting.
- Avoid texting games: Don’t respond to his flirty text messages even if you are bored to death. Send a break up sms instead. Stop responding to any flirty sms and he will get the message.
- Create a confrontation: Flirt with another guy in his presence, and get him to confront you in a jealous rage when you can clearly tell him that you are not interested in him.
- Ignore him: If the guy persists in following you around, ignore him and keep away from him at all cost. Let him understand your revulsion for him.
- Insult him: If he is shameless, don’t ignore the chance to insult and humiliate him, albeit mildly so that you express your disinterest, but do not wound him unnecessarily.
- Look bored: Every time he speaks with you, pretend you are bored and not listen to him. Even if he says something flirty, avoid looking at him and look away from him for some time. When you look back at him, try to discuss a different topic. This will ward off his advances.
- Don’t be alone with him: Don’t give him the chance to spend time with you alone so that you avoid any romantic conversation or give him the opportunity to make any romantic moves.
- Avoid intimate conversation: Don’t give the chance to the guy to have any long or intimate conversation. He will get the wrong idea that you want to have an intimate relationship with him.
- Stress on your boyfriend: Keep photos of your real or fictional boyfriend always by your side to show that your heart has been captured by someone else.
- Use your body language: When the guy compliments you, turn your head away and do not respond. Move away from him if he tries to touch you.
- Remain civil but firm: Never attack with nasty remarks, it may only worsen the situation. Get your message across gently but firmly.
These are some of the ways in which you can ward off unwanted attention from a guy.
Author’s bio: She is an employee of Lovewale.com. She is a freelance writer and blogger. She contributes articles and blogs on dating and relationships. She is a degree holder in Mass Communications.